This Is A Gold Mine
You may have seen Lalo Alcaraz’s comic strip “La Cucaracha” in your local alt-weekly or on the Web, but check this out — Alcaraz has a Web site, pocho.com, and it’s freaking HILARIOUS. Like the comic, it’s humor aimed at a Hispanic audience — but even I, the whitest white man in North America, got a good laugh out of it. How can you not enjoy an online newspaper with headlines such as:
- First Texas Gubernatorial Debate in Badly Mangled Spanish
- Powell Urges Latin America to Seize Democracy “Or We Will Do A Coup On Your Ass”
- Jesus returns as a Black man, gets arrested by police
- Bush to staff: “Dude, where’s my war?”
- Mexican attack plans found at the Alamo: Tasty corn treats indicate growing Mexican threat
Always nice to stumble across something this funny on a Friday!