The latest version of Mozilla’s great e-mail program, Thunderbird 1.5, is out and ready for download.
Notable improvements include:
- Thunderbird now has the same automated-update capability as Firefox; this means patches and new versions can be streamed right to your desktop – no more go-to-mozilla-download-the-latest-version-uninstall-the-old-version-install-the-new-version tango required to stay current.
- Thunderbird’s RSS features now include support for podcasts.
- Spam filtering can now be plugged into a server-side spam filter for greater accuracy.
- Google Maps support built into the Address Book.
- “Phishing” (god I hate that word) detector built in, to stop identity theft.
- Spell-check as you type.
- Search folders can now search across more than one account.
- Lots of security fixes.
- And more — full list here.