We Have a Winner!
Well, George Allen conceded defeat this afternoon, which means it’s time to announce the winner of this year’s Just Well Mixed Election Prediction Contest!
Remember, the challenge was to pick the winners of five closely fought U.S. Senate races in Missouri, Montana, Tennessee, New Jersey, and Virginia. For the record, here’s how they shook out:
- Missouri: Claire McCaskill (D, challenger)
- Montana: Jon Tester (D, challenger)
- Tennessee: Bob Corker (R, open seat)
- New Jersey: Sen. Bob Menendez (D, incumbent)
- Virginia: Jim Webb (D, challenger)
Only one entrant managed to correctly guess all five, which makes them the winner! Frash takes the prize.
Here’s how the final leaderboard looks:
- Frash, 5/5 correct
- Tie: Sandy Smith and Michael Miller, 4/5 correct
- Joe Dailey, 3/5 correct
- Doug Weber, 2/5 correct
Congratulations, and thanks to everybody for playing!
November 9, 2006
I blame Diebold.