Nine questions for Jack Dorsey
- Why do characters in URLs count towards my 140 characters?
- Why do characters in @-usernames count towards my 140 characters?
- Why do any characters that are part of obvious metadata count towards my 140 characters?
- Why can’t I edit Tweets for a limited period of time after posting them, so I can fix typos without having to delete and re-post?
- Why can’t I specify what part of an uploaded image you should use as its preview thumbnail, rather than you just taking a slice out of the middle?
- Why can’t I subscribe to a hashtag and have posts with it automatically show up in my main feed?
- Why does the counter in the title bar count all unread Tweets, rather than just unread Tweets that are directly relevant to me (replies, DMs, RTs)?
- Why is it easier to get to the Advanced Search feature by going to Google and searching for “Twitter advanced search” than it is from within Twitter itself?
- Why is the only way to display a complete Twitter discussion to leave Twitter and go use Storify instead?